Universitatea „Lucian Blaga“ din Sibiu, Facultatea de Litere şi Arte
E-mail personal autor:
12 / 2009
The Attraction of the Opposites’ Coincidence
The study aims at an identification of the subtle connection and even connaturation between Mircea Eliade’s literary and scientific work. In his diaries, as well as in some conferences and studies, Eliade asserts a common origin of the literary and scientific obsessions, making often reference to similar observations of other remarkable scientists with artistic endowment, such as Newton or Einstein, for instance. The author therefore undertakes a revisiting of the most authorized critical and theoretical opinions regarding Eliade’s literay work from this point of view of the „coincidence of the opposites“, of the coincidental sourcs and origin of Eliade’s literature and philosophy of religions.
Keywords: Mircea Eliade, fantastic prose, mythical and esoterical sources, common sources of literature and science
- Ioan Petru Culianu, Mircea Eliade, Bucureşti, Editura Nemira,
- Gheorghe Glodeanu, Coordonate ale imaginarului în opera lui
Mircea Eliade / Coordinates of the imaginary in the work of Mircea
Eliade, Cluj-Napoca, Editura Dacia, 2001.
- Mircea Eliade, Insula lui Euthanasius / Euthanasius’ island,
Bucureşti, Editura Humanitas, 1993.
- Mircea Eliade, Încercarea labirintului / The trial of the labyrinth,
Cluj-Napoca, Editura Dacia, 1990.
- Mircea Eliade, Jurnal / Diary, II, Humanitas, Bucureşti, 1993
- Mircea Eliade, Memorii (1907-1960) / Memoirs (1907-1960),
Bucureşti, Editura Humanitas, 1991.
- Monica Lovinescu, Unde scurte. Jurnal indirect / Short Waves.
- Indirect Diary, Bucureşti, Editura Humanitas, 1990.