Universitatea „Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu, Facultatea de Ştiinţe Socio-Umane “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences
E-mail personal autor:
10 / 2016
A Forgotten Monument, the Roman-Catholic Chapel in the Town of Sinaia.
Several Recommendations Concerning the Restoration of the Building and its Introduction in the Touristic Tours.
The subject of the present study is the recovery of a forgotten monument through its restoration and its introduction in the touristic circuit. The roman-catholic chapel Ştirbei, also known as general Ion Florescu’ chapel, was a part of the Ştirbei domain, now separated from this. As a different monument, the chapel was affected by numerous destructions, its present condition imposing an immediate intervention. Our goal is to signalize this situation, to describe the problems encountered and to make some recommendations to the authorities which manage the building.
Keywords: Sinaia, Ştirbei chapel, vila Ştirbei, general Ion Florescu, monument, classic style, Tattarescu, restoration
- ***Lista monumentelor istorice 2015 / The List of the Historical Monuments 2015 (Judeţul Prahova / Prahova County), http://patrimoniu.gov.ro/images/lmi-2015/ LMI-PH.pdf, p. 69 (15.09.2016);
- Ciobanu Radu Ștefan, Originile oraşului Sinaia / The Origins of the Sinaia Town, Ploiești, 1971;
- Dimitrie Gusti, Judeţul Prahova în Enciclopedia României / The Prahova County in The Encyclopedia of Romania, vol. II, 1938;
- Ștefănescu C., Valea Prahovei / The Prahova Valley, București, 1968;
- Watkin David, A History of Western Architecture, 4-th edition, 2005.