Rodica VOLOVICI, Camelia VOLOSCIUC, Elena MĂRGINEAN, Stana MOŢOC, Mihaela MANOLESCU, Ioan-Irinel VIŞA
Biblioteca Universităţii „Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu The Library of the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu
E-mail personal autor:
2 / 2013
Contributions to the Development of the Digital Library of the
“Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu
As part of the global strategy, Europe 2020 for a smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, the European Commission adopted the Digital Agenda for Europe , a strategy to make the most of the potential offered by the rapid development of digital technologies. In this respect, the LBUS Library is contributing with two digitization projects and is monitoring their development. Participating in the Europeana Libraries project, together with other 25 of the most important professional organizations and research libraries in Europe, has been a valuable professional experience by closely knowing the way of organizing the heterogeneous team of 19 countries, by implementing and following the project, with the aim of achieving the goals, by enriching with over 5 million digital valuable objects, by undertaking the new metadata standard, by establishing a new type of project management, by disseminating the project. The experience gained we are sharing here, in order to stimulate the resources digitization process in the Romanian libraries, which is still at its beginnings.
Keywords: digital library, cultural heritage, digital project, Europeana
- Digital Agenda website: http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda
- Europeana, Europe’s digital library, archive and museum:http://www.europeana.eu/
- Neelie Kroes’ website: http://ec.europa.eu/commission_2010-2014/kroes/
- Porumbeanu, O. L., (2011). Managementul Cunoaşterii şi structurile infodocumentare. Ed. a II-a. Editura Universităţii din Bucureşti,Bucureşti.
- Porumbeanu Madge, O. L., (2011). Bibliotecile medicale şi utilizatorii de informaţii din România în era digitală. Editura Universităţii din Bucureşti, Bucureşti.
- The new EDM standard, http://pro.europeana.eu/edmdocumentation
- Law no. 8/1996 Copyright and Related Rights;
- Law no. 334/2002 about Libraries;
- Law no. 182/2000 the protection of cultural heritage;
- Law no. 135/2007 electronic document archiving;
- Law no. 186/2003 on supporting and promoting written culture.
- Porumbeanu, O. L., (2010). Implementing Knowledge Management in Romanian Academic Libraries: Identifying the Elements that Characterize their Organizational Culture, Journal of Academic Librarianship, Vol. 36, No. 6, 549-552.