Biblioteca Academiei Române din Cluj-Napoca Romanian Academy Library, Cluj-Napoca
E-mail personal autor:
5-6 / 2012
Romanian Printed Works within the Sixteenth and the Seventeenth Centuries. A Cultural and an Educational Nationalization in Romanian
This study aims at apprizing the public of the cultural actions within the three Romanian provinces during the sixteenth and the seventeenth centuries, mostly of those concerning the translation and the printing of religious books in Romanian. The present research discloses that in the sixteenth century translating and printing religious texts in Romanian were due to the Transylvanian reformist environments. Their initiatives were emphasized by the lack of Romanian religious texts and by the imperious need of a cultural and educational work in a native language. Consequently, in the seventeenth century the ecclesiastical hierarchs from the three Romanian counties would alienate from the reformist fund of introducing the national languages among religious books. Then, they would begin cultural activities concerning the translation and the printing of holy texts in Romanian.
Keywords: Tipography, Reform, Cultural and educational nationalization, Religious texts, Old Romanian Book.
- Bianu, Ioan, Hodoş, Nerva, Bibliografia Românească Veche / The Old Romanian Bibliography, tom. I, Bucharest, 1903.
- Coresi, Tâlcul evangheliilor şi Molitvenicul / Coresi, The Meaning of the Gospels and the Book of Prayers. A critical edition by Vladimir Drâmba. An introductory study by Ion Gheţie, Bucharest, 1998.
- Demény, Lojos, Demény, A. Lidia, Carte, tipar şi societate la români în secolul al XVI-lea / Book, printing and society for the Romanians of the XVIth century, Bucarest, 1986.
- Simonescu, Dan, Bibliografia Românească Veche / The Old Romanian Bibliography, tom. IV, Bucharest, 1944.
- Mârza, Eva, Din istoria tiparului românesc. Tipografia de la Alba Iulia 1577-1702 / From the history of Romanian printing. The Alba Iulia press 1577-1702, Sibiu, 1998.
- Palia de la Orăştie / The Old Testament from Orăştie (1581-1582). The Genesis and the Exodus. Text-Facsimiles-Index. Edition elaborated by Viorica Pamfil, Bucharest, 1986.
- Pavel, Eugen, Carte şi tipar la Bălgrad (1567-1702) / Book and printing in Alba Iulia (1567-1702), Cluj-Napoca, 2001.
- Coordonator Ion Gheţie, Texte româneşti din secolul al XVI-lea. I. Catehismul lui Coresi. II. Pravila lui Coresi. III. Fragmentul Todorescu. IV. Glosele Bogdan, / Sixteenth-Century Romanian Texts. I. Coresis’ Catechism. II. Coresis’ Old Testament. III. Todorescu Fragment. IV. Bogdan Glosses. V. Prefaces and Epilogues. Critical Editions by Emanuela Buză, Gheorghe Chivu, Magdalena Georgescu, Ion Gheţie, Alexandra Roman Moraru, Florentina Zgraon., Bucharest, 1982.
- Tetraevanghelul tipărit de Coresi, Braşov 1560-1561, comparat cu Evangheliarul lui Radu de la Măniceşti, 1574 / The Four Gospels Printed by Coresi, Braşov, 1560-1561, compared to Radu’s Gospel from Măniceşti, 1574. An edition elaborated by Florica Dimitrescu, Bucharest, 1963.