Universitatea „Babeş-Bolyai” din Cluj-Napoca, Facultatea de Litere “Babeş-Bolyai” University of Cluj Napoca, Faculty of Letters
E-mail personal autor:
11 - 12
The Morphology of the Reading Writer: An Application
The paper discusses the creative profile of Alberto Manguel, the author of A History of Reading, from the point of view of a particular creative family: that of writers who define themselves as primarily readers, a family that Argentine
seems to favour in its modern culture. The analysis follows both significant details of Manguel’s autobiography and the main lines of his History…in order to point the convergence of life and literature, of reading and living, as far as Manguel’s creative perspective is concerned.
Keywords: writers of Argentine, Jorge Luis Borges, Alberto Manguel, history of reading, fiction and non-fiction
- Alberto Manguel, Gianni Guadalupi, The Dictionary of Imaginary Places, New York: Macmillan, 1980.
- Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night, Toronto: Knopf Canada, 2006.
- Alberto Manguel, Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey: A Biography, New York: Grove Monthly Press ; [Berkeley, Calif.]: Distributed by Publishers Group West, , 2007)
- Alberto Manguel, Istoria lecturii / History of Reading, Bucureşti: Nemira, 2011.
- Shafquat Towheed şi W. R. Owens (eds.), The History of Reading, vol. I-III, foreword by Simon Eliot, Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.