Universitatea „Ştefan cel Mare“ din Suceava, Facultatea de Litere şi Ştiinţe ale Comunicării “Ştefan cel Mare” University of Suceava, Faculty of Letters and Communications Sciences
E-mail personal autor:
10 / 2011
Paul Goma. The Novel ”Astra”: The Ceremonialization of the Text. Questioning and duality. Part two
The study aims to illustrate the settlement of the novel under the binomial autonomy, the binary construction proving that it is the most suitable to represent the duality and the system utopia. Reviewed progressively at the same time with the “advancement into the epic economy”, through inserts or retrospective, the characters illustrate the product of a system, turning themselves into victims or into their tools. Paul Goma suggests the idea that historical events manage to embezzle radically the flowing of the life, dividing the society into what it was and what it became, between normality and abnormality. On this background, the author constructs his novel into a system, without insisting on the name of the characters or using it in the ironic sense in response to the silence of all in front of the poster spelled illiterately “ăncins p. iventr”. Notwithstanding the attitude, spelling in mind, with the mouth closed, the narrator suggests the idea of liberty deprivation – and it closed. The society, as a result of implantation of fear into the brain, degrades, the only possibility of rehabilitation, of returning to the roots being the library. Being a shelter for books, it will represent, through the access to culture, a sure cure antidote against the communist disease, the awakening of conscience and reason to overcome the tension and return to normality. On the other hand, one of authorial purposes is to give a definition to the novel, the text becoming a novel that is born in our presence. Materializing this objective, mainly on his writings, the author makes a clever game of combining the read text with the written one and its transposition from one person to another and from one tense to another cancels the distinction between reality and fiction.
Keywords: Paul Goma, the novel Astra, binary construction, totalitarian system, anomaly, restraint, fear, library, metatext
- Allport, Gordon W. Structura şi dezvoltarea personalităţii (Structure and development of personality), traducere de Ioana Herseni, Bucureşti, Editura Didactică şi pedagogică, 1981, 579 p.
- Cesereanu, Ruxandra, Paul Goma. În: ,,Steaua” nr. 8/1991, pp. 13-14
- Girard, René, Minciună Romantică şi adevăr romanesc (Deceit, Desire and the Novel), traducere de Alexandru Baciu, Prefaţă de Paul Cornea, Bucureşti, Editura Univers, 1972, 317 p.
- Goma, Paul, Astra, Cluj, Editura Dacia, 1992, 193 p.
- Goma, Paul, Autofilmare, Despre cartea Astra (Autofilming, About the book Astra), autofilmare disponibilă la adresa web http://www.paulgoma.com/autofilmari-44-48-26-februarie-2011/, accesat la 26 februarie 2011.
- Marino, Adrian, Hermeneutica ideii de literatură (The Hermeneutics of the idea of literature), Cluj-Napoca, Editura Dacia, 1987, 552 p.
- Philippe, Gilles, Romanul. De la teorii la analize (The Novel. From theory to analysis), traducere de Elena Popoiu, Iaşi, Editura Institutului European, 2002, 111 p.
- Podoabă, Virgil, Punctul critic. Pagini despre şi de confesso-literatură. Studii şi mărturii (The critical point. Pages on and of confesso literature. Studies and testimonies), Bucureşti, Editura Paralela 45, 2007, 339 p.
- Sitar-Tăut, Daniela, Lecţia de literatură a Astrei (Astra’s lesson of literature). În: ,,Metaliteratură”, nr. 5-6/2010, pp. 91-97.