Institutul de Ştiinţe Politice şi Relaţii Internaţionale „Ion I. C. Brătianu” al Academiei Române | Academia Oamenilor de Știință din România
E-mail personal autor:
Filozofie și studii politice
Making sense of Jürgen Habermas:The politics of short philosophical introductions
The article focuses on a thematic titled Making Sense of Jürgen Habermas: The Politics of Short Philosophical Introductions and proposes as driver’s logbook the emphasis placed on the signals provided within the series of the grand interpreters of Habermas, seen as ”nodal points”. Such signals are concerning: the primate of recognition and of adaptation to the updated requirements of the moment of the reading ; the approach by simplification of long and technical writings, by the attention given to the accommodation of a first reading to the complex and varied answers provided for the great questions; the recomposing of details which are not enough interpreted, the addition of other details, the nomination of whatever is important, or, on the contrary of the marginal elements of the analysis; the provision of an overview and of philosophical and political context for the whole project; the summary nomination and the extended analysis of the research programmes; the facilitating of the access to a specialized bibliography, through reading suggestions and a brief presentation of the books, studies and articles dedicated to the works of the German philosopher.
Keywords: Jürgen Habermas, short introduction(s), making sense of, biography and contextualisation.
- Dews, P. (ed.), Habermas: A Critical Reader, Blackwell, Oxford, 1999;
- Finlayson, James Gordon, O scurtă introducere. Habermas, Editura All, București, 2011;
- Fultner, Barbara, Jürgen Habermas: Key Concepts, Routledge, 2014;
- Ingram, David, Habermas: Introduction and Analysis, Cornell University Press, Ithaca and London, 2010;
- Müller-Doohm, Stefan, Habermas: A Biography, Polity Press, Cambridge, 2016;
- Reno, Michael, „Habermas”, in Marx & Philosophy, 18 iunie 2012, http://marxhttp:// marxandphilosophy.org. uk/reviewofbooks/reviews/2012/564andphilosophy. org.uk/reviewofbooks/ reviews/2012/564;
- Thomassen, Lasse, Habermas: A Guide for the Perplexed, Continuum Books, 2010.