Universitatea „Ovidius” din Constanţa, Facultatea de Litere “Ovidius” University of Constanţa, Faculty of Letters
E-mail personal autor:
4 / 2014
Gormandizer criticism and its ineffables
The present study departs from the observation that the adventure of writing always starts with eating letters; when one passes from writing to reading, this accidental misspelling is transformed into a real, organical, bodily voracity, quite close to eroticism. Even some of the most professional readers still preserve this physical connection with the fictional universe. The examples provided and analyzed by the author are both from the real world (long-run professional readers like Nicolae Manolescu, Roland Barthes, Michel Tournier) and from the fictional worlds (Don Quixote, Des Esseintes etc.)
Keywords: literature and sensation, literature and physical stimuli, the pleasure of the text, fiction as nourishment, Don Quixote, Roland Barthes, Michel Tournier
- Roland Barthes, Plăcerea textului / The Pleasure of the Text, transl. by Marian Papahagi, afterword by Ion Pop, Editura Echinox, Cluj, 1994.
- Marielle Macé, Façons de lire, manières d’êtres / Manners of Reading, Manners of Being, Éditions Gallimard, Paris, 2011.
- Nicolae Manolescu, Cititul şi scrisul / Reading and Writing, Polirom, Iaşi, 2002.
- Alex Ştefănescu, Cum te poţi rata ca scriitor. Câteva metode sigure şi 250 de cărţi proaste / How to Lose Oneself as a Writer. A Few Sure Methods and 250 Bad Books, Editura Humanitas, Bucureşti, 2009.
- Michel Tournier, Celebrări / Celebrations, transl. by Bianca Rizzoli, Humanitas, Bucureşti, 2010.