Larisa FÎRTAT/Mirela GAVRILAŞ-WEBER
Universitatea „1 Decembrie 1918“ din Alba Iulia, Biblioteca Universităţii ”1 December 1918” University of Alba Iulia, University Library
E-mail personal autor:
5-6 / 2012
Rare books from the Library of ”1 Decembrie 1918” Alba Iulia
In the University library’s collection there is a large number of prints from the second half of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century, belonging to many printing centers both in the country and abroad. We found among them, great works in terms of subject and graphic illustrations, but the space devoted to this communication does not allow us to describe them. Thus, ending the journey made through our library’s collections we found that our oldest book is from the 17th century – Cazania lui Varlaam (The Sermon of Varlaam), Iaşi, 1643 –actually the only copy of that period; from the 18th century we 6 prints identified: Triodion, Râmnic, 1731; Octoih (Hymn Book), Bucharest, 1746; Psaltire (Psalm Book), Blaj, 1764; Cazanii (Chiriacodromion) (Sermons), Bucharest, 1768; Liturghii (Masses), Blaj, 1775; Biblia (The Bible), Blaj, 1795 and two prints unidentified, but probably from the same period of time, namely a Psaltire (Psalm Book) and a Ceaslov (Breviary) printed at Blaj. Other rare publications that have not been mentioned are printed in the 19th and the 20th centuries and they can be a subject of future works.
Keywords: printing centers, oldest book, rare publications, graphic illustrations.
- Andreescu, Ana, Cartea românească în veacul al XVIIIlea. Repertoriul ilustraţiilor (Romanian Book in the 18th century. Illustrations Repertoire), Bucharest, Vremea XXI Publishing House, 2004.
- Bianu, Ioan, Hodoş, Nerva, Bibliografia Românească Veche 1508 – 1830 (Old Romanian Bibliography 1508 – 1830), Tom II 1716 – 1808, Bucharest, The Romanian Academy Printing House, 1910.
- Florescu, Aurelia, Gravura Râmniceană 1705 – 1827 (Ramnic Engraving 1705 – 1827), Craiova, Aius Publishing House, 1998.
- Mârza, Eva, Dreghiciu, Doina, Cartea românească veche în judeţul Alba sec. XVI – XVII. Catalog (The Old Romanian Book in Alba County 16t–17th centuries. Catalogue), Alba Iulia, Publishing House of Alba Iulia Romanian Orthodox Episcopate, 1989.
- Mârza, Eva, Explorări Bibliologice, Sibiu, Techno Media Publishing House, 2008.
- Mârza, Eva, Popa-Gorjanu, Cosmin, Istoria scrisului, a cărţii manuscrise şi tipărite (History of Writing, Manuscripts and Printed Books), Alba Iulia, 2004.
- Simonescu, Dan, Buluţă, Gheorghe, Pagini din istoia cărţii româneşti (Pages of Romanian Book History), Bucharest, Ion Creangă Publishing House, 1981.
- Tatay Baltă, Cornel, Din arta şi cultura Blajului (From the Art and Culture of Blaj), Alba Iulia, Altip Publishing House, 2000; Gravorii în lemn de la Blaj (1750 – 1830) (Blaj Wooden Carvers 1750 – 1830), Blaj, Eventus Publishing House, 1995; Interferenţe cultural – artistice (Cultural – Artistic Interference), Blaj, Astra Publishing House, „Timotei Cipariu” Section, 2003; Ipostaze cultural-artistice (Cultural Artistic Aspects), Alba Iulia, Altip Publishing House, 2007; Scrieri despre artă (Writings about Art), Alba Iulia, Altip Publishing House, 2005; Secvenţe din arta plastică blăjeană (sec. XVIII – XIX) (Sequences of Blaj Fine Arts (18th – 19th centuries)), Blaj, 1993.
- Tatay, Anca Elisabeta, Xilogravura de la Sibiu (Sfârşitul secolului al XVIII- lea – începutul secolului al XIX- lea) Woodcut from Sibiu (End of 18th century – beginning of
19th century), Alba Iulia, Altip Publishing House, 2007.
- Tomescu, Mircea, Istoria cărţii româneşti de la începuturi până la 1918 (History of Romanian Book from the beginning till 1918), Bucharest, Scientific Publishing House, 1968.