Academia de Ştiinţe a Republicii Moldova, Institutul de Istorie, Stat şi Drept Academy of Sciences of Moldavian Republic, Institute of History, State and Law
E-mail personal autor:
5-6 / 2012
Bessarabian pathways of church books from Buzău
Church books from Buzău have had a much more numerous circulation in Eastern Moldova if compared to the present, a claim based on investigations carried out recently. The paths of books from Buzău were numerous and in many cases unknown. The books from Buzău considered in our study, have circulated in Central and Southern Bessarabia. It is necessary to indicate that at present time the printed church books from Buzău are found only in libraries of monasteries from central part of Western Moldova. The number of monasteries from South is very small, for this reason the recorded books are found in libraries of parish churches or in museums. At the present stage of research, the books from Buzău are not found in the northern part of Bessarabia and mostly it can be explained by the character of paths that were followed by bibliophilic values in eastern part of Romanian space. The books from Buzău crossed Prut River via Iasi and Husi routes, however, other ways of book circulation can not be denied, for instance, some centres situated along the lower part of Prut River. Lavra from Neamt, the monastery Noul Neamt upon Dniester, represents a less important pathway for books from Buzău.
Keywords: church books, circulation, Buzău, Basarabia, printing-house, monasteries, Romanian spirituality, church, Huşi, bibliophilic values.
- Agachi, Alexei, Istoria Mănăstirii Hâncu (1677-2010)/ History of Monastery Hâncu (16777-2010), Pontos, Chişinău, 2010
- Balaur, Dimitrie I., Biserici din Moldova de Răsărit. I.Cărţi româneşti de slujbă bisericească care au trecut Prutul (veac. XVIII-XIX). Judeţul Lăpuşna/ Churches from Eastern Moldova. I. Romanian Books of Church Service that crossed Prut ( XVIII-XIX). Lapushna district. Tipografia cărţilor bisericeşti, Bucureşti, 1934.
- Cereteu, Igor, Cartea românească veche şi modernă în fonduri din Chişinău. Catalog/ Old and modern Romanian book in Chisinau funds. Catalog. Cuvânt înainte Prof. univ., Dr. Iacob Mârza, Tipo Moldova, Iaşi, 2011.
- Ciobanu, Ştefan, Mănăstirea Țigăneşti/ Tiganeshti Monastery. Chişinău, Tipografia Eparhială, 1931.
- Constantinescu-Iaşi, P., Circulaţia vechilor cărţi bisericeşti româneşti în Basarabia sub ruşi, Extras din Revista societăţii istorico-arheologice bisericeşti din Chişinău/ Circulation of old Romanian vestry books in Bessarabiaunder Russian governing, vol. XIX, Chişinău, Tipogrfaia Eparhială „Cartea Românească”, 1929.
- Mihail, Paul, Mărturii de spiritualitate românească în Basarabia/ Evidences of romanian Spirituality from Bessarabia, Chişinău, „Ştiinţa”, 1993.