Universitatea din Bucureşti, Facultatea de Litere University of Bucharest, Faculty of Letters
E-mail personal autor:
4 / 2013
Ştefan Aug. Doinaş: Emendations and New Information Consideration about His Debut
The study is focused upon Ştefan Aug. Doinaş’s debut in periodicals, before and after joining the young intellectual group Cercul Literar de la Sibiu (“from”). We aim to emendate and append Mircea Popa’s study “Începuturile literare ale lui Ştefan Aug. Doinaş” (“The Literary Beginnings of Ştefan Aug. Doinaş”). Besides, it is our intention to bring a few completions to the monographic research elaborated by Diana Ioana Ureche in “Poezia lui Ştefan Aug. Doinaş: modernitate şi clasicitate” (“Ştefan Aug. Doinaş’s Poetry: Modernity and Classicisms”). Moreover, we include the results of our own investigations, which are related to the publications: “Viaţa românească” (“Romanian Life”), “Albatros” (“Albatross”), “Vremea” (“The Age”), “Carpaţii” (“The Carpathians”) and “Pagini literare” (“Literary Pages”). Although not quite significant to the writer’s career, these rediscovered texts give new clues about his evolution, projects and manner of conceiving poetry in the time he had not begun composing his extraordinary ballads. One can assist to an unexpected change, from a naïve and picturesque author to a very attentive and inventive artisan. Little of the pieces we rediscovered in review were ever published into the author’s volumes. Thus, one might say we confront with a sort of unedited poems, because some of them were reshaped through years.
Keywords: Ştefan Aug. Doinaş, debut, emendations, new information, periodicals, Cercul Literar de la Sibiu (“Literary Circle from Sibiu”), Direcţia Generală a Poliţiei de Siguranţă (“The General Directorate of Safety Police”) Mircea Popa, Diana Ioana Ureche
- Ştefan Augustin Doinaş, Evocări / Evocations, Bucureşti, Editura Fundaţiei Pro, 2003.
- Ştefan Aug. Doinaş, Poezii din tinereţe/ Youth Poems, ediţie îngrijită şi postfaţată de Mircea Popa, Oradea, Biblioteca Revistei „Familia”, 2005.
- Templul memoriei. Ştefan Aug. Doinaş în dialog cu Emil Şimăndan / The temple of memory. Ştefan Aug. Doinaş in dialogue with Emil Şimăndan, Arad, Fundaţia Culturală, „Ioan Slavici”, 1998.
- Mircea Popa, Începuturile literare ale lui Ştefan Aug. Doinaş / The Literary Beginnings of Ştefan Aug. Doinaş, în Familia / The Family, seria a V-a, anul 41 (141), nr. 3 (472), martie 2005.
- Diana Ioana Ureche, Poezia lui Ştefan Aug. Doinaş: modernitate şi clasicitate/ Ştefan Aug. Doinaş’s Poetry: Modernity and Classicisms, Timişoara, Editura
Universităţii de Vest, 2011.
- Dosar/ Dossier I 2628, fond operativ / operational fund, vol. 1, la C.N.S.A.S / The National Council for studying the Security Archives.
- Dosar/ Dossier I 120450, fond informativ / informative fund, vol. 1, la C.N.S.A.S / The National Council for studying the Security Archives.
- Dosar/ Dossier D 012694, fond documentar / documentary fund, vol. 7, la C.N.S.A.S / The National Council for studying the Security Archives.
- Dosar/ Dossier R 874, fond reţea / net fund, vol. 1, la C.N.S.A.S. / The National Council for studying the Security Archives.