Universitatea „1 Decembrie 1918“ din Alba Iulia, Facultatea de Istorie şi Filologie / „1st December 1918“ University from Alba Iulia, Faculty of History and Filology
E-mail personal autor:
3 / 2010
Stereoscopic image in archaeology
A panoramic image of a site is much needed when archaeological researches are done. Such an image not only can ease up one`s work, but it can also lead to new research directions. This type of image is provided by aerial photo. But, when there exist the possibility of looking again at that panoramic image and of perceiving the site dimensions or the possibility of showing that image to other persons, the advantage is even higher. This thing is
possible due to the stereoscopic image. Stereoscopic image can be used in order to get the image of artifacts in space. Firstly, these images can easily reach any country and different scientists, in order to be studied and compared with other objects. Secondly, data basis and virtual exhibitions can be created. Then, considering the fact that oxygen and long light exposure can deteriorate certain artifacts, such objects can be exhibited through stereoscopic image. Stereoscopic image, along with other innovative research methods, like teledetection, contribute to the image of interdisciplinary science of archaelogy.
Keywords: stereoscopic imagine, archeology researces, aerial photo, panoramic imagine, virtual exibitions
- Bejenaru, Matei. (2007) Introducere în fotografie/Introduction in Potography. Iaşi: Editura Polirom.
- Ciuta, Marius-Mihai (2006). Metode si tehnici tradiţionale şi moderne de cercetare în arheologie. Note de curs/Traditonal and Modern Techniques and Methods of Research in Archeology. Course Notes Alba Iulia.
- Novac, Mircea, (1973). Fotografia de la A la Z Photography from A to Z. Bucureşti: Editura Tehnică.Michael, Beech. Super Stereo 3D.
- Michael, Beech. (2008) Digital 3D Stereo Guide Book.
- Iarovici, Eugen. (1977) Măiestria în fotografie/Skils in Photography. Bucureşti: Editura Tehnică
- Hedgecoe, Jon (2003) The new manual of Photography. Londra: Editura Dorling Kindersley Limitedt
- Negrea Ioan. (1984) Lecţia de fotografie/The Photography Lesson.. Bucureşti: Editura Albatros
- http://www.rpm.or.jp/home/h-kouno/ -3dphotose.htm