Universitatea „Lucian Blaga“ din Sibiu, Facultatea de Ştiinţe Economice „Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, The Faculty of Economics
E-mail personal autor:
6-7 / 2011
The Swedish model between myth and reality
Countries and economies, as well as the populace from Northern Europe always had certain important traits concerning their development. These aspects are included in what economic research names “the North European market economy type”. This specific type of economy is underlined by “the Swedish model”, attractive for other states as well, and is usually cited by economic analysts. How did this model form in time? Which are its most representative elements? To what extent can it represent a model concerning development, for the present and the future? These are some of the questions to which we tried to answer in the following rows.
Keywords: economy, development, market type economy, economic model, environment, social implications, public policies, civilization
- Michel Beaud, L’Histoire du capitalisme de 1500 à nos jours / The history of capitalism from 1500 to our days, Ed. Du Seuil, Paris, 1990
- Marx Blang, La pensée économique / Economical thought, Ed. Economica, Paris, 1999
- Dan Popescu, Istoria gândirii economice din antichitate până la sfârşitul secolului XX / History of economical thought from the Ancient Times to the end of the XXth century, Ed. Continent, Sibiu-Bucureşti, revised edition, 2003
- Dan Popescu (coord.), Economie Politică / Political economy, Ed. ULBS şi Ed. Continent, Sibiu-Bucureşti, 2001
- Arnold J. Toynbee, Studiu asupra istoriei / A study on history, vol.VII-X, Ed. Humanitas, Bucureşti, 1997.