Universitatea „Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu / Universitatea din Bucureşti Université « Lucian Blaga » de Sibiu / Université de Bucarest
E-mail personal autor:
7 / 2014
Istorie si studii culturale
Liberalism and Solidarity. Professor Charles Gide in Actuality. A Few Coordinates
Between the most important concepts of our time, one must count those of social economy and solidarity economy, both lying in tough confrontation with the economical doctrine of liberalism. The French professor Charles Gide has strenuously worked in this direction almost one hundred years ago. But who was Charles Gide? Which were the main coordinates of his work? Why are his idea still so discussed and confronted in present times? A few answers to these questions are delivered in the present paper.
Keywords: history of economy, social economy, solidarity economy, liberalism, economic law, work, salary
- Charles Gide, Curs de Economie Politică / Lectures of Political Economy, transl. by George Alexianu, vol. I-II, Edit. Casei Şcoalelor, Bucureşti, 1927, 1928.
- Charles Gide, Charles Rist, Istoria doctrinelor economice de la fiziocraţi până azi / The History of Economical Doctrines from the Physiocrates until Today, transl. by George Alexianu, Editura Casei Şcoalelor, Bucuresti, 1926
- Dan Popescu, Istoria gândirii economice din Antichitate până la sfârşitul secolului XX / The History of Economical Thought from Antiquity to the End of the 20th Century, Edit. Continent, Sibiu-Bucureşti, 1999.
- Dan Popescu, Amurgul lumilor paralele / The Crepuscle of the Parallel Worlds, Editura Continent, Sibiu-Bucureşti, 2011; see the chapters „Economic Solidarity” and „Professor Charles Gide”.
- Dan Popescu, Economia socială şi solidară / Social and Solidary Economy, in « Economistul », no. 2465-2466, Bucuresti, septembre 2007.
- Catherine Maitte et Didier Terrier, Révolution industrielle. Le travail a changé avant les machines / Industrial Revolution. Work has changed before the Machines did; Pierre Gilbert, Que dit la Bible / What Does the Bible Say; Philippe Minard. Marx ou la gloire du travailleur / Marx of the Glory of the Worker in « Le travail. De la Bible aux 35 heures », l`Histoire, no. 368, oct. 2011.