Universitatea „Alexandru Ioan Cuza“din Iaşi, Facultatea de Litere / „Alexandru Ioan Cuza“ University from Iassy, Faculty of Letters
E-mail personal autor:
1 / 2010
A critic with a few ideas, but without a system
Young Lovinescu. A critic with a few ideas, but without a system presents a new point of view about the best regarded ”critical system” in Romanian culture. After delineating a few incongruities, the present study argues that Lovinescu did not actually change in spite of his confession. The amount of work submitted to his interpreters directed them to a evolutive reading pattern, whereas the real key of his conception is the permanent stasis and stagnation. In his criticism the psychological insight has the last word in the process of interpretation. Lovinescu mingles in the well-known „aesthetic mutation” formula a great amount of psychological understanding which corrupts the system from the inside.
Keywords: „aesthetic mutation”, theory of forms without content, imitation, synchronism, modernism, art for
art’s sake, art with a tendency, personality, temper, will
- E. Lovinescu interpretat de… / E. Lovinescu revisited by…,an anthology edited with an introductory study by Florin Mihăilescu, Bucharest: Eminescu Publishers, 1973.
- Lovinescu, E., Istoria literaturii române contemporane / History of Contemporary Romanian Literature, Bucharest: Minerva Publishers, 1981.
- Idem, Istoria civilizaţiei române moderne / The History of Romanian Modern Civilization, edited, forworded, and annotated by Z. Ornea, Bucharest: Editura Ştiinţifică,1972.
- Dobrogeanu-Gherea, Constantin, Studii critice / Critical Studies, Bucharest: Editura pentru literatură, 1967.
- Ibrăileanu, G., Spiritul critic în cultura românească / The Critical Spirit in Romanian Culture, Iaşi: “Viaţa Românească” Publishers, 1909.
- Maiorescu, Titu, Critice / Critical Works, edited by D. Vatamaniuc, Bucureşti: Editura Fundaţiei Naţionale pentru Ştiinţă şi Artă, 2005.
- Rădulescu-Motru, Constantin, Scrieri politice / Political Writings, an anthology edited with an introductory study by Cristian Preda, Bucureşti: Nemira Publishers, 1998.