Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai din Cluj, Facultatea de Litere Babes-Bolyai University of Cluj, Faculty of Letters
E-mail personal autor:
7 / 2014
The Nineties. The Utopy of the New Literature.
On the one hand, the period after 1989 is characterized in Romanian literature by the apparition of the so-called ,,drawer texts”. As most intimate types of writing, memoirs and diaries are easiest to relocate within the public consciousness in this regard. Nevertheless, they are also the subject of censorship because of the strong ideological implications. On the other hand, in a Romanian society which seeks in this period for its truths and sets up its writers for public sentence givers, prose writers remain a credible social category in the public consciousness. Thus, the new literature is based on the desire to put into fiction a world ,,such as it is” – therefore, between the recovery of the memoirs from communism and the writing of the prose of a decaying Romania, the literature of the first five post-communist years did not have time for poetry. Starting from these premises, this paper aims at investigating more than fragmentary contexts of post-communist literature, as previous researches have simply done, creating thus a fragmentary picture of the period. In the same time, the paper tries to develop a taxonomy of the literary phenomena of the period.
Keywords: Romanian literature, post-communist period, memoirs, diaries, „drawer literature”, social function of the writer
- Bănulescu, Daniel, Te pup în fund conducător iubit (Kiss You in the Ass, Beloved Nation Leader!) Bucureşti, Editura Nemira, 1994;
- Cărtărescu, Mircea, Postmodernismul românesc (The Romanian Postmodernism), Bucureşti, Editura Humanitas, 2000;
- Cordoş, Sanda, În lumea nouă (The New World), Cluj-Napoca, Editura Dacia, 2003;
- Ioanid, Ion, Închisoarea noastră cea de toate zilele (Our Everyday Prison) vol. I, 1949, 1952-1954, Bucureşti, Editura Albatros, 1991;
- Groşan, Ioan, Octav Mardale, Nutzi, Spaima constituţii. Jurnal de Bordel, (Nutzi, The Scarecrow of the Constitution. Diary of a Brothel) Bucureşti, Editura Seara, 1995;
- Lovinescu, Monica, Unde scurte (Shorts Waves) Bucureşti, Editura Humanistas, 1990;
- Mihăilescu, Dan C., Literatura română în postceauşism, (The Romanian Literature after the Fall of the Communism) vol. I-III, Iaşi, Polirom, 2004; 2006; 2007;
- Negoiţescu, I., Straja Dragonilor (The Guard of the Dragons), Cluj-Napoca, Editura Apostrof, 1994;
- Sârbu, Ion.D., Lupul şi Catedrala (The Wolf and the Cathedral), Bucureşti, Editura Cartea Românească, 1996;
- Simuţ, Ion, Simptomele actualităţii literare (The Symptoms of Today’s Literature), Oradea, Biblioteca Revistei Familia, 2007;
- Steinhardt, N., Jurnalul fericirii (The Diary of Bliss), Cluj-Napoca, Editura Dacia, 1991;
- Tănase, Stelian, Playback (Playback) Bucureşti, Editura Fundaţiei Culturale, 1995;
- Vona, Alexandru, Ferestrele Zidite (The Walled-in Windows), Bucureşti, Editura Cartea Românească, 1993;
- Zaciu, Mircea, Jurnal (A Diary) (1979-1982), I, Cluj-Napoca, Editura Dacia, 1993.