Universitatea „Lucian Blaga“ Sibiu, Facultatea de Litere şi Arte „Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Faculty of Letters and Arts
E-mail personal autor:
6-7 / 2011
Reminding of Dan Botta
The inter-war period is one of the most important in Romanian literature because of the development of all sciences especially of literature and poetry.
Dan Botta is one of the inter-war period writer, who wrote poetry, esseys, dramas and translations. He also took part from the Criterion group, which had an important role in that period of time, because through its cultural activity, it opened people the way to culture and civilisation.
Even if his literary work was not very well known in that period, Dan Botta was a good writer, who had to be taken into account, especially for his classical education and for his classical way of life.
Keywords: modern Romanian literature, inter-war period, Criterion, Dan Botta, poems, classicism
- *** Dicţionarul general al literaturii române. Bucureşti: Editura Univers Enciclopedic, 2007.
- Biberi, Ion, Ultimele eseuri. Bucureşti: Editura Cartea Românească, 1985.
- Botta, Dan, Limite şi alte eseuri. Bucureşti: Editura Crater, 1996.
- Crohmălniceanu, Ov, S., Literatura română între cele două războaie mondiale, ed. a II-a, vol I. Bucureşti: Editura Universalia, 2003.
- Eliade, Mircea, Fragment pentru Dan Botta în Prodromos, Chicago, nr. 7, iulie 1967.
- Micu, Dumitru, Modernismul românesc. Bucureşti: Editura Minerva, 1985.