Complexul Naţional Muzeal ASTRA Sibiu The ASTRA National Museal Complex of Sibiu
E-mail personal autor:
3 / 2014
Istorie si studii culturale
Cognitivst-Constructivist Reverberations in Art Theory
Researches carried out in recent decades in the field of cognitive science reveal models, patterns, schemes, based on which the human mind encodes the information received through the senses. These schemes organize the experience of the individuals according with the principle of cognitive economy, facilitating the adaptation to the environment. The
reception of the artistic objects follows the same process of creating the scheme and then correcting it when reality changes. Theorists of literature, plastic arts and film explain that the construction of the meaning of a work involves the elaboration of assumptions and expectations based on already established (created) schemes. These hypotheses are tested and verified; if they are disproved, the schemes will be subject to a revision process – representing the very essence of reception as a creative act.
Keywords: art theory, theory of reception, cognitive sciences, constructivist psychological schemes, art reception as a creative act
- Rita L. Atkinson, Richard C. Atkinson, E. E. Smith, Daryl J. Bem, Introducere în psihologie / Introduction in Psychology, Ed Nota zece, Bucureşti, 2003
- Jacques Aument, L’image / The Image, Ed. Nathan, Paris, 1990
- David Bordwell, Narration in the fiction film, Uni. Of Viscon Press, 1985
- Edward Branigan, Narrative comprehension and Film, London and New York, 1992
- E. H. Gombrich, Artă şi Iluzie / Art and Illusion, Ed. Meridiane, Bucureşti, 1973
- Ian McEwan, Ispăşire / Atonement, Polirom, Iaşi/Bucureşti, 2008, transl. and annot. by Virgil Stanciu
- Mircea Miclea, Miclea, Psihologie cognitivă / Cognitive Psychology, Ed. Polirom, Iaşi, 2003
- A. Sullivan Palincsar, Social Constructivist Perspectives on Teaching and Learning, Annual Review of Psychology, Vol. 49, No. 1, 1998.
- Teun A. Van Dijk, „Cognitive processing of literary discourse” în Poetics Today, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, vol. I, 1979
- Wolfgang Iser, Actul lecturii / The Act of Reading, Ed.Paralela 45, Piteşti, 2006.