Alina Elena PITIC, Ioana MOISIL, Rodica VOLOVICI
Universitatea „Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu, Facultatea de Ştiinţe “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Faculty of Sciences
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail personal autor:
2 / 2013
3D Library – A case study with children age 8 to 10
Software applications created for education have a long history and have evolved in line with the technological development, growing from simple pieces of program to fully fledged eLearning platforms. The fast development of some technologies like computer gaming, which are very attractive to children and teen, may present an opportunity. Using the children as active design participants, we developed a 3D desktop application. The application model the University Library in Sibiu. In this paper we will present some of the results obtained from using the latest version of the “3D-Library” application by a sample of 33 children aged 8 to 10.
Keywords: Digital libraries, Software Architecture, Computers in School, eLearning
- Mumtaz, S., 2001. Children’s enjoyment and perception of computer use in the home and the school. Computers and Education, Volume 36, Pag. 347-362.
- Papert, S., 1993. The Children’s Machine: Rethinking School in the Age of the Computers. New York: Basic Books
- Boyle, T., 1997. Design for Multimedia Learning. London: Prentice Hall
- Aliya, S. K., 2002. The role of computer games in the development of theoretical analysis, flexibility and reflective thinking in children. A longitudinal study. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 149.
- Virvou, M. K., 2005. Combining Software Games with Education: Evaluation of its Educational Effectiveness. Educational Technology & Society, 8, Pag. 54-65. Conati, C., & Zhou, X., 2002. Modeling students’ emotions
- from cognitive appraisal in educational games. Proceedings of the Intelligent Tutoring Systems 2002, Pag. 994-954.
- Volovici, D., Pitic, G., Pitic, A., & Mitea, A., 2010. An analysis of file formats used in digital libraries. First International Conference In Romania On Information Literacy Information Literacy/Cultura Informaţiei. Sibiu.