Universitatea din Bucureşti, Facultatea de Litere University of Bucharest, Faculty of Letters
E-mail personal autor:
5 / 2011
The relantionship between the gnoseological crisis and ,,the great passage’’ in Blaga’s writings.
A theological perspective
The article aims at showing the main similitudes and discrepancies between Blaga’s philosophical system and the orthodox doctrine given the fact that mystery is the central element in both Blaga’s system and the dogmatic tradition of the Orthodox Church. If in the orthox dogma there is a echilibrium between the cataphatical cognition and the apophatical one, Blaga emphasis only on the latter, instituting a transcendental censorship that makes impossible any personal relantionship between man and the absolute. This gnoseological crisis results in chaos and in existential anxiety , both responsible for the apocaliptical vision that is evident in two of Blagas’s best known volumes of poetry, In the Great Passage and In Praise of Sleep. By refusing special revelation, Blaga annihilates the esential ontological difference between the Being, God, and the Non-Being, man, which receives beingness from Divinity. Where the orthodox dogma gives a solution by explaining man’s creative destiny through his resemblance with God and trough theophany, Blaga’s postulate of the Great Anonymous leaves the individual at the mercy of incertitude and absolute death.
Keywords: natural and special revelation, cataphatic and anaphatic cognition, The Great Anonymous, trascendental censorship, apocaliptical vision, Being and Non-Being
- Blaga, Lucian, Opere, ediţie îngrijită de George Gană, vol. I, Bucureşti, Ed.Minerva, 1982.
- Cazan, Al. Gh, Lucian Blaga-metafizică şi raţionalism ecstatic, Bucureşti, Ed.Semne, 2008.
- Diaconu, Floricica şi Diaconu, Marin, Dicţionar de termeni filosofici ai lui Lucian Blaga. Bucureşti, Ed. Univers Enciclopedic, 2000.
- Doinaş, Ştefan Aug.,,,Eseu asupra poeziei lui Lucian Blaga’’ în Lectura poeziei urmată de Tragic şi demonic, Bucureşti, Ed. Cartea Românească, 1980.
- Matsoukas, Nikolaos. Teologia dogmatică şi simbolică, vol. II, Expunerea credinţei ortodoxe, traducere de Nicuşor Deciu, Bucureşti, Ed. Bizantină, 2006.
- Pestroiu, Emanuela, Viziune ortodoxă şi relevanţă estetică în lirica lui Blaga (Teză de doctorat), Ed. Universităţii Bucureşti, 2009.
- Remete, George, Dogmatica ortodoxă, Alba Iulia, Ed. Reîntregirea, 2006.