Academia Română, Universitatea „Babeș-Bolyai“ Cluj
E-mail personal autor:
5 / 2015
Tudor Vianu’s stylistic mutation
The present study analyzes the factors and conditions, both theoretical and institutional, of Tudor Vianu’s focalization upon stylistics during the 50s. Our main argument is that Vianu’s „stylistic mutation” was not produced by a logical evolution of his thought, but rather triggered, within the political-cultural climate of Socialist Realism, by the lack of other intellectual options in the given context and the desire to provide certain de-ideologized grounds for our literary history. The study also explores the impact and consequences of the Romanian postwar „school of stylistics” and points out the strategic alliance Vianu bridged, in this respect, between literary studies and linguistics.
Keywords: aesthetics, literary stylistics, linguistics, Socialist Realism, formalism
- Mioara Avram (ed.), History of Romanian Linguistics, București, Editura Științifică și Enciclopedică, 1978
- Sorin Alexandrescu, Identity within rupture. Post-war Romanian mentalities, București, Univers, 2000
- Ileana Oancea, History of Romanian Stylistics, București, Editura Științifică și Enciclopedică, 1988.
- Virgil Nemoianu, Inner Archipelago. Memorialistic essays (1940-1975), Timișoara, Amarcord, 1994
- The ”Iorgu Iordan” Linguistic Institute from Bucharest. 50 years of existence (1949-1999), București, Editura Univers Enciclopedic, 1998.