Universitatea „1 Decembrie 1918“din Alba Iulia, Facultatea de Istorie şi Filologie / „1st December 1918“ University from Alba Iulia, Faculty of History and Philology
E-mail personal autor:
1 / 2010
„Gazeta de Transilvania“ – European Newspaper of XIX th Century
The first political newspaper of the Romanians in Transylvania entitled « Gazeta de Transilvania » appeared in the media background as a result of a law provided by the Court of Vienne in 1838, which allowed the inhabitants of the above mentioned principality, the right of publishing their own newspaper in their mother tongue. The existence of censorship, on the one hand, and the fact that the authorization has been offered to a Romanian citizen of German origin, (a certain Ioan Gött), on the other hand, can be regarded as sustainable reasons of assuring the Imperial Court that a newspaper written in Romanian could not have represented at that time a serious danger for the political authorities in the region. In those times characterized by the wake of the national consciousness, «Gazeta de Transilvania » contributed to the organization of some actions in view of gaining the religious and civil rights of the Romanians in Transylvania, the final aim being that of the unity of the Romanian national state. Identifying always the editorial formula which allowed it to survive in the media « Gazeta de Transilvania » is the oldest Romanian newspaper from Transylvania, addressing also to the inhabitants of both the Principalities of Romania and Moldavia, being in the same time a newspaper lasting for a century and belonging to the most prestigious archives of the Romanian media.
Keywords: Gazeta de Transilvania, George Bariţiu, media, editorial, predictions, Europe, immigration, scientific researches, social politics
- GAILLARD, Philippe, Technique du journalisme /Technics of journaism, Paris, PUF, 1989.
- MARICA, George Em., Studii de istoria şi sociologia culturii române ardelene din secolul al XIX-lea / Studies regarding the history and sociology of Transylvanian culture in XIXth century, vol. II, Cluj Napoca, Editura Dacia,1978.
- NETEA, Vasile, George Bariţiu. Viaţa şi activitatea sa / George Bariţiu. His life and activity, Bucureşti, Editura Ştiinţifică, 1966.
- PETCU, Marian, Istoria presei române / History of Romanian press, Bucureşti, Editura Tritonic, 2002.
- POPA, Mircea, TAŞCU, Valentin, Istoria presei româneşti din Transilvania / History of Romanian press from Transylvania , Bucureşti, Editura Tritonic, 2003.