Universitatea „Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu, Facultatea de Ştiinţe Socio-Umane
E-mail personal autor:
2 / 2017
Expression and Symbol in the Process of Artistic Communication.
Both expression and symbol are instruments of the artistic form of communication or expression, or the typification of a universal content. The correct interpretation of a painting depends in a great degree on the understanding of the symbolic connotations reduced to compositional schemes/frameworks and conventions, which tend to equalize the way in which a certain idea should be rendered, expressed in concrete terms of perceptible sensorial and self-expression. Hence, the success of the work of art consists of the ordering the attention towards details and the later reintegration thereof in the work as a whole.
Keywords: expression, symbol, communication, abstract and compositional framework.
- Rudolf Arnheim, Arta şi percepţia vizuală , Ed. Meridiane, Bucureşti, 1979.
- Denis Diderot, Scrieri despre artă / Writings on Art, Ed. Meridiane, 1967, traducere de Gellu Naum.
- Paul Evdochimov, Arta icoanei, o teologie a frumuseţii / The Art of the Icon, a Theology of Beauty, Ed. Meridiane, Bucureşti, 1992.
- Anca Oroveanu, Teoria europeană a artei şi psihanaliza / The European Theory of Art and the Psychoanalysis, Ed. Meridiane, Bucureşti, 2000.
- Herbert Read, Semnificaţia artei / The Meaning of Art, Edit. Meridiane, Bucureşti 1969.
- Herbert Read, Semnificaţia artei, Ed. Meridiane, Bucureşti 1969.